Our Mission Heading link
In promoting the academic, professional, cultural and social development of LGBTQIA+ faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Chicago, the Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer People (CCSLGBTQP) is devoted to the following tasks:
- Communicating the various elements concerning the status of the LGBTQIA+ community at UIC to administration.
- Leading the cultivation of a positive, equitable environment where LGBTQIA+ people may thrive in all areas and levels of their UIC experience.
- Developing university programs designed to improve the quality of opportunities and curricula available to the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Enhancing UIC’s relationship with the various LGBTQIA+ alumni and communities throughout the Chicago-land area.
Co-Chairs Heading link
Marchello Johnson – College of Law
James Flamm – College of Medicine
Our Priorities (22-23AY) Heading link
- Remove Chick-fil-A from our campus
- Create an LGBTQ+ Student Planning committee within UIC’s Center for Student Involvement
- Work with the Department of Medicine Inclusion Council to increase diversity training as it relates to LGBTQIA+ folx
- Establish an LGBTQIA+ Alumni “Affinity” group within UIC’s Alumni Association
- Rename committee scholarship to honor UIC grad and trans activist, Elise Malary.